Thursday, June 30, 2011

Now We're Cooking

Spotted in the Slope on 6th Ave and 5th Street:

Side note: There was a dude sitting in the van as I was taking these photos.  He thought I was crazy.
As you can see, there was a lot of renovation debris surrounding this li'l kitchen.  I've been trying to decide whether or not the kitchen was tossed as part of the remodeling process, or if it was set up as a makeshift street kitchen for the workers.  Ridiculous?  Perhaps - but consider the following view:

Sun-drenched kitchen with functional plumbing?  Consider me sold!
That is definitely a working hose sticking out just to the right of the kitchen.  Rudimentary, yes, but functional nonetheless.  And although it was filthy, this kitchen was nicer/bigger than many of the apartment kitchens I've seen in this town. 

No comments:

Post a Comment